The battle between Clinton and Trump wages on and two candidates couldn’t be more dissimilar. One is more diplomatic in her dealings while the other has no inhibitions nor restrictions. The differences don’t stop at just that. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are worlds apart and this is why we think so.
- Hillary is competing from the Democratic Party. Trump is competing from the Republican Party.
- Hillary has previous experience as the former Secretary of State. Trump is the president of the Trump organization.
- Donald Trump has never held elective office. Hillary Clinton however, first came to elective office in 2001 and stepped down from an elected position in 2009, having served as an elected official for 8 years. However, this is 7 years less than the average 2016 presidential candidate which sums up to 15 years. She was the United States Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013 and was Senator, United States Senate between 2001 and 2009. She was a Candidate for United States President in 2008 and was First Lady of President Bill Clinton between 1993 and 2001. She was also First Lady of the State of Arkansas between 1979 and 1981 as well as 1983 and 1992.
- The professional background of the two candidates also differ. Hillary Clinton was Former Board Member of Wal-Mart, Author, Attorney at Rose Law Firm between 1976 – 1992 and Assistant Professor of Law at University of Arkansas in 1975. Donald Trump is the Founder/ President/ Chief Executive Officer or Trump Organization since 1975 and he is the Chairman of the Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts Incorporated.
- Hillary Clinton received her BA from the Wellesley College in 1969 and went on to receive her JD from Yale University in 1973. Donald Trump received his BS in Economics and Real Estate from Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania and also attended Fordham University.
- Hillary Clinton has a liberal ideology in Individual Rights, Domestic Issues, Economic and Defense Issues. Donald Trump on the other hand has more conservative views on Individual Rights, Domestic Issues, Economic issues while he has a liberal ideology on Defense issues.
Hillary Clinton believes that abortion is a woman’s unrestricted right while Donald Trump disagrees. Hillary Clinton also believes in legally hiring women and minorities wile Trump has no opinion on that. Clinton is comfortable with same sex marriages but Trump strongly opposes the idea. They both however agree on keeping God in the public sphere and believes that voter registration must be made easier.
With regards to domestic issues, Hillary Clinton is very liberal while Donald Trump holds moderately conservative views. Clinton disagrees that stricter punishment reduces crime while Trump believes this is the case. Trump believes in absolute right to gun ownership while Clinton disagrees. Hillary is opposed to vouchers for school choice while Trump strongly advocates it. Hillary Clinton strongly believes in prioritizing green energy while Trump has no faith in this. However, both disagree that marijuana is a gateway drug.
In economic issues, Donald Trump is more conservative than Hillary Clinton. Clinton believes that stimulus is better than market-led recovery while Trump disagrees. Trump believes that higher taxes must be imposed on the wealthy while Hillary Clinton disagrees. Hillary Clinton wants to create a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens while Donald Trump strongly disagrees to this. Donald Trump believes that social security must be privatized but Hillary Clinton believes that it should not.
When it comes to defense and international issues, Donald Trump is deemed to be slightly more conservative than Hillary Clinton. They both disagree that free trade must be supported and expanded while Donald Trump believes that military must be expanded but Hillary Clinton disagrees. Donald Trump supports American Exceptionalism while Hillary Clinton does not. Trump also believes that US should avoid foreign entanglements while Hillary Clinton disagrees and believes that US must establish more foreign connections.